Just so you know: this is $1.50 at Walgreens, it is really giant (copy does not, for once, lie), and it is delicious.
Girls on Tape : Video Gems From The 80’s #4
1.Idle Idols(Nouvelle-Zélande, 1978)
2.The Fibonaccis- Purple Haze (US A, 1984)
3.The Gina Show- I Can’t Wait (Canada, 1980)
4.Lizzy Mercier Descloux– Fire (France, 1979)
5.Vital Disorders– Prams (Grande-Bretagne, 1981)
6.Pel Mel- No Word From China (Australie, 1981)
7.Reesa and the Rooters - Guru Eyes (Grande-Bretagne, 1981)
C/O of Gunilla on Vimeo. More HERE
Girls on tape : video Gems From The 80’s #3
1.The Odd Numbers (aka The Smarts) - Rocket to Stardom (USA, 1982)
2.Life in the Fridge Exists - Have You Checked the Children? (Nouvelle-Zélande, 1980)
3.Neo Boys – WW2 (USA, 1979)
4. X-Teens - Anyone Can (USA, 1982)
5. Taste Test - Instant this Instant That (USA, début 80)
6. Mr. Kite - Crazy Or Lazy (live, Japon, 1979)
7.Dybbuk – Sen (Tchécoslovaquie, 1985)
8. Vocoder - Mi Chica Tiene un Lio con Satan (Espagne, 1985)
seriously, let’s talk about kelly rowland’s ‘dirty laundry’
- in which she breaks down the mechanics of an abusive relationship
- in which she talks about how fucked up the music industry is and her own doubts about herself as an artist and how those circumstances dovetailed
- in which she asserts her own strength, power and creativity
- in which she talks about struggling with jealousy re: beyonce but ultimately talks about how strong their relationship is, how it survived her abusive ex trying to pit them against one another, and how they support one another regardless
it is real and honest and complex, just as real and honest and complex (if not more) as many punk songs.
god. i love her. i love this song.
(the-dream was the right producer for this song, too. dang.)
This is going to be a real thing.
Untitled from Silhouette Series
form dug in the ground in the beach at La Ventosa, Mexico, filled with red tempera and allowed to be obliterated over the course of the day by the tides
Forever love Ana Mendieta and her Silhouette and performance series stuff. She did a lot of different work, check it out.
PLEASE REPOST- my friend Joey hasn’t been heard from since last night. Please spread this around. He’s a wonderful person and a lot of people are missing him right now. He lives in west Philly and is active on tumblr, facebook and other social media sites but hasn’t updated since yesterday.
Joey Ross is a local Philly kid who goes to shows frequently and I’m sure some of you know personally. He’s been missing since yesterday. If you hear from him or know someone who has, please call either number listed below.
267-252-4447 or 856-577-4719